Level 1 QCF (Qualifications and Credit Framework) in Year12
Level 2 QCF (Qualifications and Credit Framework) in Year 13
No entry level
How is the course organised
This course is designed to provide a good understanding of the roles, responsibilities and practical skills of the different construction crafts.
This qualification covers a wide range of subjects required by someone aspiring to work in the plumbing industry including:
• Health and safety
• Scientific principles
• Pipework fabrication techniques
• Domestic hot water systems
• Domestic cold water systems
• Domestic central heating systems
• Above ground drainage
• Electrical systems within the plumbing industry.
Methods of Assessment:
• General core units
• Occupation specific units
• Synoptic practical assignment.
• Multiple choice unit end tests
• Online testing of knowledge.