You will be given a planner on your first day at Garforth Academy. This planner will have to last you the whole year so you must look after it.
The Student planner is designed to help you to:
- Plan your work
- Manage your time
- Keep a record of your Achievements during the Academy year
To get the best from your planner remember:
- Record information which helps you remember and plan your time effectively.
- Record achievements both in and out of the Academy.
- Ask your tutor if you do not understand.
- Information in the planner is vital and used for completing your Annual review.
- Keep it up to date.
There are sections for you to Record:
- Your lesson and homework timetables
- Important dates in monthly calendars
- Homework, assignments and deadlines week by week
- Important information
- Make sure it is kept well organised and label all your lessons for the week ahead.
- If no home work is set that lesson – clearly mark – no homework set.
- Make sure there is no graffiti or decoration on your planner.
- Parents / carers must sign the planner at the end of each week and you must too.
- Ask if you are unsure